PPF Account Balance Check:
The Public Provident Fund (PPF) is one of the best ways to save money on taxes and make money simultaneously. With an annual compound interest rate of 7.1%, a PPF plan saves you much money over time. A PPF account can be started with a minimum investment of Rs. 500 and a maximum investment of Rs. 1.5 lakhs annually. It is recommended that the PPF passbook be checked once a month to understand how much money has been put into the account and how much money is available since money can't be taken out before maturity.
PPF Balance Check Details in Highlights:
|Public Provident Fund Balance
|Public Provident Fund Account Holders
|Methods to Check PPF Balance
|Offline Mode at a Bank, Online Net Banking
Benefits of Checking PPF Balance:
The following are a few of the most important benefits of a PPF Account Balance Check:
1) If you check your PPF account balance often, it would be easy to determine how much interest you made on each investment. This rate could change every three months, according to the Finance Ministry.
2) The interest rate changes over the life of the loan. This interest is added to the user's PPF account at the end of each financial year.
3) Regularly checking the PPF account check amount makes it possible to estimate how much money will be in the account when it is ready to be cashed in.
4) You can take out some of your money after investing in the PPF for five years. So, checking the PPF amount once a month will show how much money a person will get after the withdrawal.
5) The most important thing about the PPF balance check may be getting money when needed.
6) In the second year before the credit application time, the person can get money equal to 25% of the amount outstanding on the PPF.
7) One can borrow money against their PPF balance without putting up any collateral to pay for basic wants. This loan can be asked for from three to six financial years.
How to Check PPF Account Balance:
Here are the different ways to check your PPF balance:
1) Check your PPF balance at a bank in offline mode.
2) Check your PPF balance online using net banking.
3) Check your PPF amount at the post office.
PPF Account Balance Checking in Offline Mode at a Bank:
If you have a PPF account with a bank but haven't set up online banking, you can still check your PPF amount by going to the bank and updating your passbook. Here's how to check your PPF amount at a bank when you're not online:
1) When you open a PPF account at a bank, you get a passbook.
2) This passbook has your PPF account number, debits and credits to your PPF account, details about your bank branch, and the balance of your PPF account.
3) You must visit the bank branch regularly to get your PPF account passbook updated.
4) The passbook will show you the current balance and each transaction done on the PPF account in detail.
Check PPF Account Balance Online Using Net Banking:
The following is the procedure for checking the PPF balance through online Net Banking:
1) Your PPF account and the savings account you have at your bank must be linked. Sometimes, you can only start a PPF account at a bank if you already have a savings account.
2) Confirm your bank account with a working Internet banking system.
3) To see information about your accounts, including the PPF account, you must sign up with your net banking passwords.
4) After logging in, you may view your current PPF account balance.
5) Some extra features and services you can get through net banking are the digital transfer of cash into your PPF account, setting up regular security procedures for your PPF account, downloading PPF balance check records, and more.
Check your PPF amount at the post office:
The following is the procedure for checking the PPF balance through the Post Office:
1) PPF accounts can only be opened in sub-post or head post offices where this service is available to everyone.
2) To check your PPF account balance, you'll need your PF account number and institution code, provided on the page.